We’re so excited!
Lane Bryant is proud to be sponsoring the upcoming Full Figured Fashion Week®, celebrating its fifth year of shining the spotlight on the plus size fashion industry. Considered the gold standard for plus size fashion events, this special week of plus size empowerment throws an unparalleled plus size curve to New York City, June 17-22, 2013. From its beginning in 2009 as a series of small events and a single fashion show for curvy women, Full Figured Fashion Week has grown into an international event attracting attention and admiration from all over the world. Every specially designed event celebrates and empowers not only plus size women, but also the plus size fashion industry. Established retailers and independent designers are showcased as well as honored with a coveted industry awards ceremony to cap off a wonderful week of fashion, friendship and fun.
Once an overlooked segment of the fashion industry, plus sizes are becoming more mainstream due in part to DeVoe Signature Events, a pioneer in the movement, creating unique events tailored to the plus size fashion community that reinforce that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. That notion is being embraced by fashion leaders and full figured fashionistas everywhere, adding to the success of Full Figured Fashion Week.
According to Gwen DeVoe, CEO and Founder of DeVoe Signature Events, and Creator and Executive Producer of Full Figured Fashion Week, it makes perfect sense to celebrate the evolution of full figured fashion in New York City, long considered the mecca for U.S. fashion. We couldn’t agree more!
We’ll be sharing our wonderful week of adventures with you, including exciting details from some of the Figured Fashion Week events highlighted below. For the most up-to-date information, be sure to visit the Full Figured Fashion Week website.
See you there!
- Private Buyer and Press Reception – Tuesday, June 18
NYC’s fashion media will get an exclusive first look at the many brands and designers showcasing at Full Figured Fashion Week.
- Curves at Sea All White Dinner/Dance Cruise – Wednesday, June 19
Always a sellout, this highly anticipated social event is the ultimate networking opportunity attended by brands, sponsors, models and industry professionals. Held aboard the Harbor Lights cruise ship.
• Full Figured Fashion Week at Bloomingdale’s – Thursday, June 20
An exclusive and notable first, Full Figured Fashion Week at Bloomingdale’s is open to all women who love plus size fashion. This fabulous evening of fashion and cocktails, on Thursday, June 20th from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., will feature a runway presentation of Bloomingdale’s most popular plus size collections, including Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Elie Tahari, Jones New York, Vince Camuto, Splendid, and Eileen Fisher.
- Indie Designer Showcase – Friday, June 21
An introduction of up-and-coming contemporary plus size designers from New York to California, France, The United Kingdom and Australia. Featured designers include Aiimee, Elocin, huudaverti, Live Unlimited, Nakimuli, Onoz, Rue 114, Sean Anthony Designs, The Skinny Billionairess, Tru Diva Designs, T-TymeLady Couture, Youtheary Khmer, and ZMJ Denim.
- Retailers & Boutiques Showcase – Saturday, June 22
The much-anticipated celebration of some of the hottest brands for curvy women, including Ashley Stewart, Dean of Fashion, Curvezz, Evans, Kaylene leading plus size retailer Lane Bryant, Curvy Couture, Mynt 1792, Full Figured Fashion Week’s Presenting Sponsor for the fourth consecutive year, Sonsi, the online shopping marketplace for women sizes 12 & above, and Swimsuits for All.
- 2013 Industry Award Honorees – Saturday, June 22
A highly-regarded plus size industry awards ceremony honoring individuals for their contribution to full figured fashion, including: Plus Model of the Year – Robin Lawley, Designer of the Year – Rue 114, Photographer of the Year – Dorothy Shi, Agency of the Year – True Model Management, Blog of the Year – Gorgeous in Grey, and Retailer of the Year – Asos (Curve).
- Educational Series & Blogger Conferences – As part of a ground-breaking wellness initiative, Full Figured Fashion Week is pleased to present the first Curvy Wellness Panel. Based on the principle of Health at Every Size®, the diverse group of panel members will present on issues surrounding activity, nutrition, body image and overall health. Social media workshops, with a concentration on blogging, will focus on how small businesses and brands to leverage their message into the global arena. Lane Bryant, among other brands, will host their own brand conference to inspire, engage and connect with top fashion bloggers.
- Tickets for the week of events are selling out quickly, with some events already sold out. Schedule, sign-ups and ticket information are available at www.fffweek.com.
Share! Will you be attending Full Figured Fashion week?